Its official! The Adventure Rich family is joining the “Million Dollar Club” that J$ founded over at Budgets are Sexy (Hi J$!). We are joining over 180 bloggers by pledging to pursue the Double Comma Club.
In order to join, we pledge to do the following things in the pursuit of a MILLION DOLLARS (which is actually quite realistic!).
- Max out at least one 401 K to the full $18,000 + company match as allowed by the IRS each year.
- Track our Net Worth monthly.
- Pay off our credit cards in full each month.
- Stick with our plan to pay for an additional $400/month on our mortgage, resulting in paying off the mortgage prior to our son’s graduation from high school (aka- BEFORE college costs should we choose to contribute to his education).
- Seek the frugal option – buy used and look for freebies, be resourceful and use what we have.
- Make/consume a majority of our food (including beer/cocktails!) at home.
- Invest any unexpected cash influxes such as work bonuses, tax refunds, gifts, etc.
- Continue to educate ourselves in personal finance topics by reading, following fellow bloggers, listening to podcasts, and discussing these topics when appropriate.
- Teach our son to be fiscally responsible and to enjoy the beauty this life has to offer.
- Live generously within our means. Continue to donate to our church and other organizations.
- Embrace the Adventure!
We may add to or revise this list along the way, but here is a good start… wish us luck!
Always an Adventure,
The Adventure Rich Family